Eapril 2019 Spotlight Session: Using Learning Analytics to Design Personalized and Adaptive Feedback for Higher Education
In this spotlight session (session E1), we will follow a workshop format: we will demonstrate how to provide personalized interventions through the application of learning analytics and pedagogical reasoning. We will design appropriate feedback to facilitate learning through Learning Management Systems, taking into account the principles of the Zone of Proximal Development and Contingent Tutoring.
Before the workshop
- For your reference, a description of three pedagogical concepts that we will touch upon during the workshop (Contingent Tutoring, Zone of Proximal Development, and Assistance Dilemma) can be found here.
During the workshop
Here’s a breakdown of the workshop plan. As long as you have read the pre-workshop materials, you can sit back and relax!
- Brief Overview & Introduction
- Learning Analytics for Online Courses in Higher Education
- Activity: Fill in the Survey!
- Discussion: Interpretation and Feedback
- Final Q&A
- Before you leave the room: Affinity diagram
After the workshop
Check back on this page for a brief summary of the event and some aftermath!